For 45 years, MOWOCNC has been on the frontlines of providing food and connection to older adults living in place in Orange County, NC. The need is still great. You can make a difference.
No older adult should experience hunger and isolation. Especially when we have the capacity within our communities to help alleviate both. We want and need to do more. And with your support, we can.
Meals on Wheels of Orange County, NC serves some of the most at-risk individuals in our community.
- 93% of our recipients are 60 or older
- 64% are female
- 81% live alone
- 47% are a racial or ethnic minority.
- About 38% live in rural Orange County
Meals on Wheels Orange County, NC offers so much more than a meal. We provide sustenance for the body, through the delivery of healthy meals, and the soul, through the development of authentic human connections. We offer comfort, connection, stress-relief, a sense of security and a tether to the broader community.
- 93% agree/strongly agree that, "Receiving meals on wheels helps me to eat more nutritious food."
- 90% agree/strongly agree that, "Receiving meals on wheels has improved my health."
- 87% agree/strongly agree that, "Without MOWOCNC I would not have access to healthy meals every weekday."
- 100% agree/strongly agree that, "Receiving services from MOWOCNC helps me remain in my home."
- 87% agree/strongly agree that, "Receiving services from MOWOCNC reduces my need for in-home care."
Volunteer, Donate, Advocate. Together, we can deliver.
- Find your perfect volunteer opportunity.
- Become a monthly donor or learn more about how you can make an impact.
- Sign up for our monthly email newsletter.
- Follow us on Facebook or Instagram.
- View our annual reports.
- Contact MOWOCNC at 919-942-2948.