Please consider putting together, purchasing items for, or sponsoring a Shelf-Stable Food Bag. Containers must be pop-top or easy tear-open for our recipients. (No cans that require a can-opener, please.)
One bag includes:
- 4 - Protein based low sodium entrées (ex. pop-top cans, packets or easy open containers of tuna fish, shredded chicken, chicken-noodle soup, beef stew, shelf-stable meal, vienna sausages, beanie weenies, black or pinto beans, etc.
- 2-3 Sides: cooked rice, canned potatoes, canned vegetables (corn, peas, green beans).
- Small jar of creamy peanut butter (16 oz or smaller) or individual cups. Larger jars while more economical are too heavy and too difficult to maneuver.
- Small jar of jam (no seeds)
- Sliced bread (please be aware of sell by date) or box of crackers (saltine/ritz, etc)
- 2-3 Soft granola or cereal bars, low sugar (ex. Nutrigrain bars)
- 2-3 Small cans/bottles/containers of fruit or fruit/vegetable juice blends
- 2-3 Individual fruit cups packed in their own juice (no added sugar)
- 2-3 Individual packets of oatmeal and/or grits (low sugar/sodium)
If you are not able to shop for a complete bag and would like to participate, please see list below for needed items or we can put together a bag for you! Click here to donate ($25 = 1 shelf-stable food and supply bag). Please write "supply bag" in the “Acknowledge” section on the webform.
Donate money or food from our list
If you prefer to donate individual grocery items, please purchase from this list:
- Toilet paper (We will split packages to distribute to more recipients.)
- Paper towels (We will split packages to distribute to more recipients.)
- Pop-top cans that have a protein base, low sodium (tuna, chicken, soups, stews, etc.) (No cans that require a can-opener, please.)
- Tuna packets (easy-open pull/tear tab)
- Soft granola or cereal bars (low sugar)
- Small jars of peanut butter (smooth)
- Small jars of jam (no seeds)
- Sliced bread (We may divide larger loaves to share with more recipients.)
- Individual fruit cups packed in their own juice (no added sugar)
- Instant oatmeal (low sugar)
- Small cans/bottles/containers of fruit or fruit/vegetable juice (no added sugar)
- Fig Newtons
- Crackers (round or saltine)
- Peanut Butter Crackers (individual packages)
If you prefer to donate funds, please click here. Enter "supply bag" response in the "Acknowledge" section.