To enhance the well-being of older adults by alleviating hunger and reducing isolation.
To eliminate hunger and isolation in the lives of older adults in Orange County.
Our Core Values
- Respect – We value our staff, volunteers and recipients, recognizing the self-worth and uniqueness of each individual.
- Integrity – We operate in an honest, trustworthy, compassionate, transparent and ethical manner. We honor the inherent trust between MOWOCNC and our recipients, volunteers, and donors and strive to strengthen that connection by carrying out our mission to the best of our ability.
- Inclusion – We are strengthened by diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, sex, sexual orientation, religion, culture, creed, race or ethnicity in our service, hiring, or board and committee appointments.
- Commitment – We are committed to our mission and to the recipients we have pledged to serve, as well as our volunteers and donors who have trusted us with their time, energy, skills, and dollars.
- Excellence – We take pride in our work and strive for excellence in everything we do.
- Community – We believe we best serve our recipients through working collaboratively as a team, as well as with other agencies and community partners.
Our Core Belief
We believe our services enhance the quality of life of our recipients, strengthening their ability to age in place with dignity.
Meals on Wheels Orange County, NC stands united against all racial inequality. As a local non-profit serving a diverse constituency with partnerships across the community, we commit ourselves to advocate for anti-racist policy within our spaces to ensure access to healthy and nutritious food for all. MOWOCNC is committed to building and maintaining an organization which allows all employees, volunteers and participants to work and succeed in an environment free of racial inequity in both policy and practice. We continue to listen and learn, recognizing there is always work to be done.
MOWOCNC applauds Meals on Wheels America's endorsement of the National Anti-Hunger Organizations' statement on the death of George Floyd and underlying structural racism. To read that statement, click here.